Friday, July 20, 2018

Past Due, Testing and Induction

Well baby boy is cozy inside mama's womb still. I feel like I have been pregnant and waiting for labor forever! Maybe the many years of infertility have something to do with this feeling of impatience. I just wanna meet and hold my boy already.

We went in yesterday to do a fetal non stress test and an u/s to check the amniotic fluid. Baby is doing great so no worries there. The doctor said they picked up a couple contractions while I was on the monitor. I did not really feel them, but it is a good sign that things are progressing. Our midwife wanted us to check up on him before our scheduled induction on Monday the 23rd. The good thing is that my midwife does a natural induction protocol first before resorting to more drastic measures. That makes me feel more at peace that a natural birth is still possible.

I have gotten so much advice, mostly unwanted, about how to get labor started. It has been hard to battle internally since it brings back a flood of feelings and triggers from infertility. It makes me feel like, though this may not be the person's intention, I am not doing a good enough job at bringing this baby into the world or my body is failing yet again. JJ has been so great and supportive and reminds me how ready I am for this and how capable my body is to do this.

So, that is where we are at. We resign ourselves to God's will for this baby's birth. Hopefully labor will start before Monday but if not we at least know it will start on Monday and hopefully we will get to meet him then! If you think about it this weekend or Monday at 9am PST, please say a prayer for us.

11 comments:

  1. Many prayers. Our miracle baby was induced and born on the 23rd. All will be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neato! My spiritual director said the 23rd is a great day since it is the feast of OL Mother of Divine Grace which closes out the octave celebration for OL of Mt. Carmel, he is a Carmelite ;) I am so thankful that the induction day falls on a day for Our Lady. Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  2. Ahh! So excited! I'll pray you go soon! Our Lady, Undoer of Knots, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very eager for Monday :) Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. Prayers for you and for baby's safe arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of my kids were overdue so I get what you're saying, it is hard. My infants were strong and healthy, I have attributed some of that to the extra time developing prior to birth, hopefully your son will also benefit from his extra time! (Because since some babies are born at 38 weeks, your son got an extra MONTH and a month is huge in baby world!) Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you're holding that dear boy in your arms right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seeing this now, saying a prayer all has gone or is going well. Can't wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers that today was magical for all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your journey about the infertility with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to meet baby boy, and hear your birth story.

    ReplyDelete