Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fundamental Rights Violation

Today is the 36th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. Anniversaries are usually happy occasions, this one is not. It is a day where our country took a huge step back in our progression toward being a better nation. The USCCB calls for a day of penance today that we might be reminded of a great call to fight for the Gospel of Life. I am reminded that this fight is not over and it will continue to be an uphill battle especially if the Freedom of Choice Act is signed and passed into law. If you don't know what FOCA is please look it up and go to fightfoca.org. Though at times it seems like this fight will be lost I am reminded of the babies I know like Makayla, Emily, Seraphina, Gianna, Cristiano, Vincent, Mateo, all those I work with, and my future children. It is in them that I get inspiration to fight for God's little ones that don't have a voice of their own. We must continue to pray and not be silent for we are the Body of Christ. May God continue to give us the grace and strength to seek out justice for all those in the womb. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment