Friday, January 8, 2010

What the Heck?!

Well this blog is a bit of a rant. I am deeply saddened by two things regarding the entertainment industry this week.

First of all one of my favorite T.V. personalities and chefs is Rachael Ray. Well i regretfully inform the world that I will no longer watch Rachael Ray shows or buy any of her products because of a show that aired on January 5, 2010. She had a segment all about different birth control methods, which this is a free country and she is entitled to her opinion. To make matters worse she has a link up on her website to Planned Parenthood's website. That is where i draw the line and I can not support the show anymore. I write this with great sadness because I have used many a good recipe from Rachael Ray.

The second event is that i usually look up movies before i go and watch them. The site is awesome because it lets you know all of the sexuality, violence and profanity that are in a movie. I have been excited to see a new movie called Leap Year for a couple of weeks now. It is set in Ireland which I love and hope to go there someday. Well upon looking up the movie I find that they have 4 religous profanities which includes the "gd" and "gd you" phrases. I can handle "f" words and other such profanity to a point but I can't watch a movie that uses "gd", it hurts me too much. So I will not be seeing this movie.

Some might say that its just a movie or T.V and I take things too seriously but that is me and God loves me this way. Let me make it clear that i am not passing judgement on Rachael Ray nor the people in the movie Leap Year. I am simply excercising my civic right of free speech. Thanks for listening to my rant and I hope to bring better tidings next time.

Yahweh-Shalom

1 comment:

  1. Leap Year did look good :( oh well, maybe you can rent a cool documentary on Ireland? Way to stand up for what you believe!

    ReplyDelete