Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Outfit Finds!

Ok so I had been looking for some outfits to wear for Christmas time and Christmas parties. I had gone to target, looked online at old navy and some other places. A lot of what I saw looked like summer time wear with the dresses and skirts being so short! Even in summer I would never wear them that short but I think it absolutely preposterous for winter time! I am not that big a fan of pants, they are not as comfortable for me because my lower half is well um...shapely. I do wear jeans but I didn't want to wear jeans to Christmas Mass or wear them to any Mass ever again if I can help it. I was almost going to resolve to wear a shorter skirt/dress with leggings and boots but it is suppose to be like 80degrees on Christmas Day here and I don't think it's cold enough to do that. 

So off on the hunt I went determined to find something but knowing I probably wouldn't. Oh yeah we are on a tight budget so looking for things at macys or other department stores like that was out of the question. My mom and I went shopping on Saturday after we had an awesome breakfast at a place that serves gfree waffles and pancakes. We decided to go to sears first because there were a few things we knew we could find there for Christmas gifts. Let me tell you, it was the only store we went to because we found all that we needed there! I am really not trying to make this a sears advertisement but I was pleasantly surprised. Everything we got from Lands End was 50% off! 

So here is what I found for JJ's work Christmas party...


Skirt: Lands End $25
Top: target merona $10
Shoes: not sure where I got them but they are black suede wedges

I probably could have worn a dressier top now that I think about it but I am glad I didn't because most people were not that dressed up. The company owner was in jeans, a buttoned down company shirt and a Steelers Santa hat. I like the skirt length, not too long not short. 

My head is cut off in the pictures because my hair was still wet and crazy. Here is my Christmas Day dress...





Dress: Lands End $40 (really $30 with a coupon we used)

Shoes: navy blue suede wedges same place I got the other ones. 

Earrings: black onyx dangly earrings from 1928 jewelry company.

Can I tell you how in love I am with this dress! We were just about to leave the store and saw it on our way out. Well I actually saw a red dress with polka dots and liked it but knew the shade of red would not go with my skin tone, then my mom pointed out this dress. My mom was so excited about this dress she got it for me as one of my Christmas gifts with the earrings! I can't wait to wear it to midnight Mass and when the family comes over Christmas Day. 

 I will be making Christmas cookies all day today and tomorrow to give out as gifts. I went with this recipe from Paula Deen http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/chocolate_gooey_butter_cookies

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Merry Christmas with your family and friends! Praise God for the gift of Jesus our Savior! 


10 comments:

  1. Lovely finds! Merry Christmas to you & JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! So pretty! Merry Christmas! I hope the day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have such a hard time finding skirts/dresses that I consider long enough, too, especially since I'm tall. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I'm jealous of your skirts/dresses; it's been below zero at my parents' and I've been in extra layers of clothes for days on end now! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas dress! Have a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute Christmas dress. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas! (http://www.iris-hanlin.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfits!! And especially your dress!! I am also shapely on the bottom too - it's hard to find stuff.
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Christmas! Yay for awesome and affordable Christmas outfits. Both look lovely on you. And yay for gooey butter cookies. Hope they turned out delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete