Tuesday, June 26, 2018

38 Weeks! Really?!

We are 38 weeks now! Whoa time has flown by so quickly! It still feels so unreal but we are preparing as best we can. Early on in the pregnancy we decided to not do a hospital birth but rather be under the care of midwives at a birth center. God lead us to our midwife through friends and aquiantances that have used her before. The birth center is about a 15 minute drive away in moderate traffic. It is located about 5 minutes or less from the nearest hospital in case we need to go there for any reason. Our midwife does not forsee any issues with labor and birth since other than fluctuating progesterone levels everything with this pregnancy is going normally, even optimally she would say.

It has been such a different experience to be labeled as a normal healthy pregnancy considering our journey to get here has not been normal by any means. Part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to drop but whatever happens we trust in God. We submit ourselves to what He wants for us and this baby boy. 

We had our baby shower back in late April and here are a couple of pics from it.




I have not been really into photographing this pregnancy as I have been pretty private about it all. No maternity or birth photo shoots for us! I have just been taking it all in day by day. We will probably do some kind of family photo session once baby is a couple months old or older but for now we are keeping things pretty private. I do not think I will regret not doing photo sessions considering I do not regret the choices I made for JJ and I's wedding and photos. I did not have the photographer take pictures as I got ready or the time before I got to the church which was time alone with my mom and wedding party. I'm a an introvert with contemplative tendencies, what do you expect? ;)

For being 38 weeks along I am feeling pretty good. A little more uncomfortable, tired and slower to do things but that is to be expected. No swelling yet or heartburn. I had still been able to wear my cowboy boots to Mass up until this past Sunday and now I wear my comfy running shoes with everything. I have been trying to offer up any pain or issues for those who have asked for prayers. There are many intentions to pray for like a blogger friend who will hopefully adopt another baby at the beginning of July or a husband and father of 9 who has cancer, again. If you have any intentions please email them or write them in the comments. I would love to pray for you now and during labor!

Oh the mood swings once in awhile have been a doozy! In my head I know I am being ridiculous but emotionally I need to give myself time to calm down. Poor JJ! I am trying to go to confession weekly to prepare myself for labor so that I can have as much grace as possible. I have scriptures prepared that I need to write down on index cards to focus on. I am pretty much going to have gregorian chant playing during labor since it calms me down the most.

My last week of work was a little more than a week ago and I am doing email correspondence with any clients up until July 1st. So now I get to do nesting like prepare freezer meals, organize baby clothes, clean out closets to make room for baby's things. It feels surreal at times and like I am helping someone else prepare for the arrival of their child but then I feel the baby move or kick me strongly and I remember that this is all for our child.

Things with Ma and Pa Crow have calmed down a bit and they are set up with appointments for physical therapy that we do not need to be at for all of July. Their next doctor appts after today are set for mid-August so that gives us some time. My newlywed SIL has been helpful in taking over some things like learning the meds so she can divvy them out once a week when she is over there. So far, JJ and I are the only ones who know Ma Crow's meds, dosages and frequency so it will be nice to have someone else who can step in while I recover and we can focus on our little family. JJ will be taking 6 weeks of family leave and then when he goes back my mom will take some time off to help me which is such a blessing!

We are planning his baptism for August and are thrilled that he will have a wonderful godfather. His godfather is a priest friend of ours that we have known for a couple years now. We decided not to choose a godmother. JJ felt strongly that if we have a godfather and a godmother that they must be a married couple but since God lead us to choose a friend who is a priest that we need not choose a godmother. Besides Canon Law only requires one godparent ;)

So, that is what is going on around here. Lots of joyful preparation and trusting in God's will for us and this child. Hopefully next time I write I will be a very sleep deprived mama :) Don't forget to comment on your intentions or email them to me!

15 comments:

  1. This update makes me so so happy! I didn’t realize you were so close- now I’m so excited to hear baby news! Will pray for your labor and delivery, and your transition into parenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time has flown by so quickly! Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been on the blogs much but I must say! I am soooooo excited for you! It has been a long journey! Congrats x100000000!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat I am so happy beyond ! for you and Jack. Praise God for his blessing in your marriage of this precious child . Praying for a healthy labor and delivery. Martha Martinez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics of baby boy! Enjoy your nesting phase !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are excited to meet him :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful pregnant mama! Praying for you in these last weeks/days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We will have a heatwave of 100+ temps this week so I appreciate the prayers :)

      Delete
  6. I will keep you in prayer! What a wonderful group of ladies becoming mama's in this first part of July!! I am SO EXCITED for you!!!! And I *must* keep updated on your blog ... I am too lazy and just go to Facebook - but I am so excited to meet your little guy!! <3 I will remember you during my Holy Hour tomorrow. God Bless!!
    (And if you think of it ... please pray for our family to grow - and for God to guide us in the direction it should grow. <3)
    -- Amanda @ All in His Perfect Timing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers! I will definitely put y'all on the prayer intentions list!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness!!! I have clearly been out of the blog loop!!! I didn't know you were pregnant (sorry!) and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! Wow wow WOW! Praise God! Abundant blessings as you prepare to meet your little one!! - Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I have missed seeing you around the blogs but I know you have your hands full with your baby girl :)

      Delete