Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Best Friends Forever...

I sit awake at 4:30am(that's the time that the first alarm goes off in our house) with a queasy feeling in my stomach from some very greasy zucchini that I ate last night and a crazy dream that I just woke up from. I am taking this time to realize two life changing lessons. I know this is epic! Well let me explain...
The first lesson is friendships, especially female friendships, are hecka imporatante! We can often take advantage of things that are right in front of us. As I see it Jesus had lots of friends. He had disciples the 72, apostles the 12 and the inner circle the 3 (Peter, James and John). Now we each have our own chosen three or as we girls like to call them our B.F.F. My crazy, and I mean crazy, dream last night kind of forced me to realize that I need to work on being a better friend.

Naturally I am better at being there for people but I do not often let people do the same for me. I usually like to stay hidden because I am shy and introverted. It takes a lot more energy for me to receive than to give most of the time. I am also a very bad communicator. I can often forget to call people just to see how they are doing and by the time I remember its been so long that I am shy and scared to call. Despite my many flaws having lunch with a friend who I have not seen or talked to in years and having my good friend Meli leave to Mexico for 6 months has given me even more inspiration to be a better friend. Even though Jesus had His inner circle within the apostles He never forgot about the needs of the rest of the 12, the 72 or us for that matter. This is because Jesus is the ultimo friend! So we too must not forget about those people that we can often take for granted.

The muy importante second life lesson is not to eat VERY greasy fried zucchini after 8pm if you're not used to it. It will give you a stomach ache and crazy dreams. To all the friends in my life whether close or distant i love you and thank God for you. God bless and Yahweh-Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment